Thursday, July 2, 2009

Celeb deaths...what?

So what's going on with all of these celebrity deaths? I've been known to bust out the moon walk numerous times, so I must pay my respects with a blog to MJ. I picked up the People magazine today and MJ is all up in there...literally, 50 pages of articles about him, not to mention the amount of pictures. However, poor Farrah, maybe 6 pages. I understand her death was expected, but still, I feel like she's being a little overshadowed. To add to the list, Billy Mays! Who would've guessed. Just crazy. I'm not normally into celebrity drama...but 4 deaths (forgot to mention Ed) is just too much to go by without a comment; I guess I felt compelled. 

I worked Jr. Elks this morning. It's a program for Elks members' relatives - kids, grandkids, nieces, nephews, etc... The kids, age 7-12, come to the country club Thursdays where I work and golf half the morning, play tennis the other half, then eat and swim in the afternoon. 

The kids were all "jacked up on Mt. Dew" as Ricky Bobby's son would say. I'm pretty positive 3 children were almost seriously injured under my supervision. It's not that I wasn't paying attention to them and telling them what to do; they were so spastic that one second they would be standing nicely to the side watching a tee shot, the next second they're bending down to pick up a dropped Starburst right behind the other kid's backswing. I don't know how many times I yelled "stay behind [insert name]'s ball while they hit or else YOU'RE going to get hit". Today was just a crazy day - last week they were good little kids. Must be the weather. It was abnormally cool today; I think they had extra energy that the heat normally sucks out of them. Only one Jr. Elks Thursday left! 

Oh yeah, had a Dirt Diva softball game tonight. We won 13-3. That's what I'm talkin' about.

No comments:

Post a Comment