Friday, July 3, 2009

Freedom Fries

Well, here it is again. 

July 4th. 

As I look back through my calendar to last Fourth of July, it looks like I was doing the exact same thing as I am this year, and that is...working. I'm splitting a shift with Brent, because who wants to work 7 straight hours in a pro shop on a holiday anyway? Most places of work are off for the day. Not mine. All of those people off work want to get their golf in because of that same  reason. Hence, my name on the schedule from 5-8 pm. It's only 3 hours, so I won't die. It's supposed to storm all day anyway so I'll probably be done early. No complaints!

I think Jason's going to cook out tomorrow, which sounds wonderful. Better than those fries I had at Wendy's today. As I was eating them, the term "freedom fries" dawned on me. (Click to Wiki that.) That was so ridiculous of US conservatives to change the name of french fries to freedom fries. Terrible idea. As they tried to make the term more American, they almost ruined the American feel of the food. Although it's unfortunate that the French didn't support our invasion of Iraq in 2003; changing the name of french fries isn't going to stick it to them. Throw the Statue of Liberty back at them, that would make a greater impression than changing the name of fried potatoes. 

Anyway, that was kind of fun. I'm watching It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. Such a great show. I just watched "The Gang Finds a Dumpster Baby". Season 3, Disc 1. If you've never watched it, I recommend this episode for sure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment