Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Slacker

Alright, so I've been a blogging slacker. I've been semi-busy. I'll start with the Fourth of July. 

It ended up raining the entire day. If you recall, I had the day off from work, and was planning on golfing all day and hanging out outside, possibly cooking out with Jason. Well, Jay and I ended up just laying around the entire day, being lazy. A few of the Burg crew came over and played shuffleboard, pool, and cards at Jason's for a while. Instead of the glorious cookout that was planned, I had pizza rolls and breadsticks, complete with a Diet Coke. Jason had soup. I know, random. It was fun, though. Nice and laid back. We went to the Bulldog (Emden's bar) later for a few beers. I danced around with a red, white, and blue boa on for a few songs before Jason and I decided we'd just go crash early and skip the party that night. We attempted to watch the movie Fracture but it kept skipping and so we just passed out around 10:30. What losers we were that night. We laughed about it the next day.

The next day I had to work the beer cart at the Elks at 8 in the morning. It was so gloomy outside and kind of cold, so instead of looking forward to getting a tan while driving the ole' beverage cart around I tried to stay warm with a sweatshirt on. It was kind of slow, even for a holiday weekend, so I didn't make a ton of tips which is kind of a bummer. Anyway, that was that day. I think I played golf in the afternoon.

Yesterday I played golf with this little old lady, Marilyn, at the Elks. She's like, 62, but she looks about 46, and that's pushing it. She's so funny, though. If she hits a bad shot she says things like "Oh, shoot!" and "Darnit! That was not where I wanted it to go! Oh well!" Anyway, it was fun. Then I had a Dirt Diva game that we tied 8-8. Bummer.

We watched Fracture last night, finally. What a good movie! Very suspenseful. It keeps you wondering what's going to happen and how the problem is going to be solved. I definitely recommend it. Anthony Hopkins, I'm convinced, could truly pull off a murder and get away with it. He's such a creepy and convincing actor...gotta love him!

Anyway, goin' to church! and by church, I mean Jason's house. Catch ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment