Thursday, July 16, 2009

You Got Me, Twitter

I was doing well. I had avoided checking out Twitter all summer. I wasn't even interested in it. And then, I just happened to go to the website 10 minutes ago, and now I'm "tweeting". I don't know how long it will last, and I'm not sure if anyone I know is on Twitter, but I'm there! 

I didn't do much all day. Woke up around 10:15 and had some quiche. Laid out in my hammock for about an hour, got too hot, and came inside to watch TV. I was watching Wall-E when a wasp scared me out of the living room, although he was flying about 15 feet above me and was no real threat. I don't like to associate myself with large, stinging insects. 

I drove my cousin to her friends house and decided to get some golfing in since it was on the way. I practiced some chipping and putting and hit some range balls. There were a bunch of people playing a practice round because of the State Elks tournament that's going on this weekend. It starts tomorrow and I'm not exactly psyched for it. I am, however, psyched to make some dollars. I'm really hoping the day flies by; I'm on the beer cart, and it's like watching paint dry when no one wants to buy anything. I'm guaranteed to be there from 8AM until 5PM, so there better be some nice bills in my pocket before I leave! 

I have a Dirt Diva game tonight. The season is probably coming to a close. We've had quite a few games. I'm pretty confident we'll pull out a win; the team is really meshing lately. I mean, the most meshing a slowpitch league can do! Anyway, that's at 6:30, so I've got an hour to find something to do. I should be researching the current U.S. economy for my bonus assignment in Intro. to Financial Management. I'm not exactly looking forward to writing an essay over the current economic situation. I'm not into analyzing politics and financial things; or anything that deals with government for that matter. It's not my cup of tea. Maybe I'll just write on the topic of "how this course will affect my future". I feel like I'm taking the easy way out, but maybe I'll find some cool stats on how the economy and financial management affect the visual communications field. I'm sure there's stuff out there. 

Speaking of research, I've been going to www.ted.com a lot lately. You can listen to cool talks over all kinds of topics from all different kinds of people. Some of the talks are really boring and lame, but you can find some good ones! I watched an interesting one about a woman illustrator. Her name was Maira Kalman. She was very "whimsy" and off-the-wall, but she had some interesting comments to make about her lifestyle. She doesn't seem to mind that she's not the most intelligent person; she likes who she is and is happy going with the flow of her lifestyle. Anyway, to watch the crazy woman, click here! I'm sure you could find something you like there, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment