Friday, June 19, 2009

Oh, summer...

I've been horribly neglecting my blog, I apologize if it has affected you. I'm realizing that once school gets out, I quit going through my normal routine of "truman email, facebook, hotmail, blog, bank, and, of course, youtube" every single day. I have been somewhat busy. When I came home for summer, I thought I was going to have to find a new job aside from my pro shop duties for fear of having too few hours there. Turns out, after I took on coaching little league, taking two online classes, working the beer cart and playing slowpitch, I have just as many hours as I did last summer at the pro shop. Needless to say, I was a bit overwhelmed...and this is summer. So, of course the first to go was one of two online classes. Who wants to read 50 pages a night about contemporary art, anyway? Not I. 

I had a pretty good May, though. First there was the trip to NYC for my cousin's graduation. I could definitely take that trip once a year. The city is just a whole different world - one where you can never be bored - and where you can see Rock of Ages the musical and drink beer with your mom. :) Had to throw that in there. Have you ever seen "My New Haircut" on YouTube? Met that guy at a bar called McFadden's. I bought him a jager bomb because I had to (watch the video), only to find out they cost $10 a piece. Luckily, I put that one on the credit card for dad to take care of. I know...I'm terrible.
My mom and I took a mini trip to Wisconsin one weekend in May for my nephew's school program. He's almost 4, but he looks pretty young compared to the other kids in his class. He insisted on having his shirt tucked in before the program, so of course he stood with his hands in his pants making sure it stayed that way while he sang...not to mention, in spanish. I was impressed! Goofy kid...
I also made $110 for caddying in the Pro-Am at the State Farm Classic. I'm a college golfer, and I just got paid to carry a bag - I don't think my scholarship is paying me enough!

So, that pretty much sums it up for the end of May! I'll update you on my June life when I get a little more motivated. Something about summer...ahhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment