Monday, June 29, 2009

Bad News Bears

I just got back from Bloomington. B-Town. Great day for golf...NOT. It's glorious temp. wise but it's soooo windy! Everyone that knows me knows I go insane in the wind. I think I'm getting better. I didn't 100% want to commit suicide when I was in it today. I was at about 60%. 

Anyway, I played Weibring Golf Course, which is ISU's home course. It's really nice, but tough - tight fairways, lots of trees, cement greens. Quite challenging. Anywho, Brent and I played a practice round today. We both are playing in the Country Youth Classic tomorrow and Wednesday. As long as it goes better than the State Am. for me I'll be in heaven! WOW, that was a bad tournament...rain the entire time and a tough course on top of that. Definitely got my money's worth in strokes that I took. I'm thinking it can't get much worse than that so I'm kind of looking forward to testing my game against Weibring.

Besides that, I've got a night of softball ahead of me. I assistant coach a little league 10 & Under softball team in Lincoln. I did it last year and really think I'd miss it if I hadn't done it again this year. The girls are goofy and they're at that age that they say dorky things, which is entertainment for me. They just won a double header the other night against our "rival", Mason City. It's so funny to say that they're our rivals, because it's just summer ball. But the girls are finally understanding that it's cool to be competitive, so they showed up to those games like "let's win!!! we have to beat them because they beat us last time and we can't lose anymore to them!" It's really interesting to see how some of them have changed since last year and how they really grow as players. Some of them couldn't throw a ball 15 feet last year and now they're throwing hard and hitting hard and really understanding the game. Anyway, we have pictures tonight and then a double header. Sometimes I think it would be hilarious to act like Billy Bob Thornton in Bad News Bears - but I would hate to see how the parents would react. I'd probably be asked to leave. I was going to include a team photo...but I seem to have lost it. Darn.

No comments:

Post a Comment