Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Torrential Tuesday

Man, it is raining! I woke up to lots of thunder, lightning, and rain, thinking it was about 5 in the morning because it was so dark out. It ended up being 8:30! What a crappy day so far. 

Yesterday was good, though. Jeris, Hofie, and I grabbed some lunch at Rusty's and then hit up the Lincoln Elks for some golf. Hofie just watched but Jeris and I got through the front 9 in about an hour and a half. Then Kendall, Kristen, and Charlotte met us for the back 9. (Charlotte and Kristen (from NY) had never heard of horseshoes, so that's what they had for lunch. Apparently it's a midwest thing.) I think we ended up playing 7 holes in a matter of 6 hours! It took foooorrreevvveer; but it was fun, nonetheless! I'm sure I'll have a picture shortly from that adventure.

After golfing we went down to my grandpa's pond, which is about a mile from my house, with my cousin, Bret, his girlfriend, Sami, and a couple of his friends. I drove my cousin Dusty's 4-wheeler down there, which was wonderful. I wish I had a real excuse to own my own 4-wheeler. Anyway, we took a couple canoes down there and Sami and I paddled in one and Kendall and the New Yorkers were in the other. We paddled around for a couple hours, drinking and eating Cheetos. I left to hang out with Jason when he got done playing basketball. It was a good Monday.

Now, I still have not packed anything for my trip, which I leave for in exactly 5 hours! I'm hoping for some good food tonight in Chicago. Maybe some Pequod's Pizza! Scott's friend, Jen, works there and the pizza is deeeelicious. Their "mascot", I guess you would call it, is a whale with a thong on it's head. I've got it on a t-shirt. I should probably ask the story behind that. Anyway, next stop Chicago, then Austin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment