Monday, May 4, 2009

Possibly my first legit blog...ever.

I'm a little caught off guard as to what to write in this blog, as this is my first attempt at the wonderful world of blogging. I guess I'll just tell you what I've been up to today. I intended to have a steady day of working on projects, considering finals week is upon us. Instead, I chose the more hectic route of waking up a couple hours later than planned, flooring it back to school (I was visiting the boyfriend's school for his graduation), and writing my Walmart list on the ride home. 
Visual communications seemed like a glorious major two years ago - the one where you get awesome assignments that are truly fun and worthwhile, you don't have tests, and the people you meet in the major are quirky, but cool. Turns out, the assignments are time consuming, expensive, and in the end seem more ridiculous than a 15 page term paper because half of the projects you've created won't even fit in your room and end up being pushed aside to the point of destruction. I do enjoy the "no tests" part of being a viscomm major, however, sometimes studying a couple hours for a test doesn't sound so bad - like when Liz and I pulled that all nighter to build a house out of 3/16" foam core strips. The good thing about that night was not that we finished our projects in time to make it to our 9:30 class to draw nudes, but that we learned that 5-hour energy does, in fact, work tremendously. Especially when followed by a couple coffees and a red bull - you want to know how fast you can get your heart beating? Try it. As for the friends, well, the major isn't lacking in this department. Where else can you find every different style of clothing, taste in music, and random vocabulary in a group of people? Not to mention those crazy-asses that will continuously pull all-nighters and serenade you  to their shuffled playlist of Cats, Wicked, Rent, and In the Heights - my musical knowledge has increased significantly, not to mention my recent gained ability to pick out Frank Sinatra's voice on the radio and in elevators. I must say due to the variety of tastes in music I have increased my iTunes library by at least 1,347 songs in the past year alone. It is when reflecting on these accomplishments that I realize the true perks to my major. Yes the work is strenuous and tends to have negative effects on my sleep schedule, but in the end, I'm living it up one project at a time. As for tonight, I just finished transforming myself into a sundae. 

Yes, I am 21 years old, expected to graduate in two years, and dressed as a delicious treat - it's fine, it's fine. :) I've got to get going so I can finish High School Musical 3. Yes, those crazy design friends of mine are still at my house as 4AM creeps up on us. And yes, considering we're on #3 of HSM, that does mean we've already watched the first two...and Mamma Mia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment